Thursday, January 19, 2012

Personal Assistant Extraordinaire


By Harry

Since we've lived in Brussels, I've been working as my mom's assistant. It's a bit of a career change for me (I used to be a professional napper), but I'm really enjoying my new position, and frankly, I don't know what she'd do without me. Each morning, I wake up around 6 a.m. and scream at her door until she gets up (usually around 8 a.m.--she's so lazy!). Then, we sit in our office, and I assist with her articles and blog entries by sitting on her books and walking on her computer. Occasionally, I swat at her pens as she writes and give cries of encouragement as I walk back and forth under her chair. I'm really incredibly helpful. At night, we make dinner together and usually, if I pester her enough, I get a little sample of the dish. (Last night she gave me a whole anchovy while making Pasta Puttanesca--it was delicious!) The arrangement is working out quite well for both of us--she'd be lost without me!


{Supervising the preparation of a job application}

{We just finished a travel article on Paris}


{Sometimes I proofread from her lap}

{Taking a little nap after a long, productive day}

I know, she's lucky to have me!


No comments:

Post a Comment